The Workers’ Party for the Political Liberation of Russia was a subversive political party in Russia, founded in 1899 by Grigory Gershuni. Its membership was predominately Jewish and had its roots in a Minsk workers’ study circle founded in 1895. In 1899 the group had around sixty members and directed most of its agitation towards Jewish workers. The main base of the party was found in Bielorussia (which had a large Jewish population). The party, which functioned as a federation of autonomous local groups, had branches in Minsk, Białystok, Dvisnk, Ekaterinoslav, Zhitomir, Berdichev and Saint Petersburg. This was the basis for hijacking numerous local socialist groups in Russia in 1902 as it merged under the Socialist Revolutionary Party banner.